Our mission is to help readers discover new books they love and promote the careers of emerging authors. Our team reads thousands of new books and selects only 5-7 of the best new books to crown as Book of the Month selections on the 1st of the month. Our members use our app to choose which books they would like to receive, rate and review their selections, track progress against our reading challenge and rewards, and listen to audiobooks.
We are looking for an ambitious copywriter to write compelling, succinct, and cheeky copy that drives conversions while expressing our brand values. Examples of projects include concepting and writing landing page tests to increase conversion rate, creating short-form video scripts for paid social advertising, and other paid and organic marketing copy.
We expect this position to work about 10-20 hours per week, but we are open to long-term and or full-time contracts over time.
- Write compelling, unexpected copy that cuts through the noise and grabs the consumer's attention. Our brand voice is cheeky, up-beat, and concise.
- Pitch, write, and iterate on short-form video scripts for paid social advertising across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Write and iterate on short-form conversion copy for website landing pages, emails, and other marketing channels.
- Embody the Book of the Month value propositions and voice to produce copy aligned with conversion goals.
- Actively embrace a feedback and iterative culture, continuously seeking out collaboration and pivoting messaging to align with project goals.
- Ability to follow project deadlines and briefs and proactively ask questions to ensure the business objectives of projects are met.
- 4+ years of copywriting experience, ad or conversion-driven copywriting experience required.
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to brand voice and experience writing witty/humorous copy is strongly preferred.
- You have experience working with DTC brands or at a creative agency
- You like to iterate and take feedback to achieve the best outcomes
- You love books and reading!
Pay Range: $45 per hour - $80 per hour