Manager, Creative Operations
The Creative Team is proud to be guardians of the beloved Book of the Month’s brand. On top of ongoing campaigns and ad hoc requests, every month we have the incredible honor of communicating our new and exciting selections to millions of readers. Reporting directly into the Creative Director, you will fully own Creative operations, as well as the workflows of our designers, producers, and freelancers. As the sole source of Creative operations at the company, you will possess both an ambitious desire to build relationships with many excellent co-workers, while consistently ensuring the on-time delivery of our projects.
What you will be doing…
- The project manager will support Book of the Month’s Creative team in all aspects of output from concept to launch.
- Own the briefing and Creative process, end-to-end, while communicating upward and often to ensure on-time, and accurate project completion.
- Build & maintain project schedules, timelines and work assignments in Asana, or another web-based project management tool.
- Enforce the processes across the teams which interface with creative, including marketing and product. This role will be extremely cross-functional and you will have a chance to collaborate across the org.
- Create a flawless system of onboarding freelancers — possessing a gut instinct of when they are needed.
- Capture, interpret, and summarize creative feedback from various stakeholders.
- Communicate with the CD and applicable stakeholders on Creative bandwidth and upcoming projects as you build out new projects.
- Liaise with freelancers on monthly cadence of work and incoming assignments.
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes, identifying gaps in our capabilities.
What you should have…
- 3-7 years of work experience, including project management or creative production experience at a creative agency or reputable in-house brand.
- Experience executing a wide variety of communications deliverables, including but not limited to: social media, creative campaign development, video, websites, banner ads, email, CRM, live events.
- Experience building production timelines and working within budgets.
- You are organized, forward-thinking, self-starting, positive and deadline-driven vibe
- You are a wizard of Asana and Google drive.
- Experience reporting into Creative leadership, or an understanding of how Creative process works (and how to best foster it).
- A desire to be mentored by Creative leadership on the needs and functions of a tight team.
- Adept at navigating various working styles (slacking or email vs in-person comms)
- An overall want to build close relationships with your colleagues to achieve the best outcomes possible. Confident and to-the-point when communicating with executive partners.
- An innate ability to streamline the Creative process at every step of the way.
- It’s great if you love books and reading, too!
Salary Range: $80,000 - $110,000