Book Selections Associate
Do you read more than anyone you know? Do you know the best books even before they become hits? Then this might be the job for you! We are looking for entrepreneurial and driven talent to help the Editorial Team find the best new books for our members each month. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong taste in commercial and upmarket adult fiction and a passion for discovering and championing emerging authors.
If you identify with any of the following, we’d like to hear from you.
- You’re an avid reader, well-versed in adult fiction, authors, and successful commercial and literary fiction
- You have exceptional taste and know how to identify what makes a book great
- You are a fast reader with the ability to read several books a week
- You can run a process to track, source, and filter material
- You are a strong project manager, who can effectively own operations and create or maintain a process
- You aren’t afraid to think outside the box
- You have experience with content acquisition and licensing
What you may do…
- Research, evaluate, and advocate for books you think are excellent and have the potential to become commercially successful for Book of the Month
- Leverage your existing relationships with industry partners, and develop new relationships, to learn about forthcoming titles that Book of the Month should consider
- Plan and execute team-specific processes in a high-quality, detail-oriented, and reliable manner
- Conceptualize and develop other projects in editorial and/or original content as requested
Salary Range: $70,000 - $110,000