Video Producer & Editor (Freelance)
Our mission is to help readers discover new books they love and promote the careers of emerging authors. Our team reads thousands of new books and selects only 5-7 of the best new books to crown as Book of the Month selections on the 1st of the month. Over 300k members use our app to choose which book they would like to receive, rate and review their selections, track progress against our reading challenge and rewards, and listen to audiobooks.
Book of the Month is looking for a Video Producer & Editor to join our Creative Team. This person will help us create effective and compelling videos across digital advertising channels and organic social media platforms. The successful candidate will be a creator with experience concepting, shooting, and editing videos based on specific briefs and requests, but also using their creativity to make compelling and entertaining content. They may be so good at it that they have a strong social media following of their own.
About the Role
- Shoot, produce, edit, retouch, and color-correct videos across marketing channels, including:
- Short-form video ads for paid TikTok and YouTube
- Interviews and sizzle reels to promote our podcast on Instagram and TikTok
- Interviews and other video content
- Bring a vibe and a perspective on how to make the content compelling.
- Create animated motion graphic assets for landing pages, ads, and video content
- Uphold our visual styles and design processes to ensure consistency across all touch points in the customer journey.
- Embrace an iterative approach, and incorporate feedback from key stakeholders and various creative team members to deliver effective, on-brand assets quickly and efficiently.
- 3+ years of experience in video content creation and video post-production at a consumer-facing brand or agency
- Proven proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe After Effects
- Demonstrated ability in adapting brand voices and visual identities to videos and creative designs
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from ideation to production to post-production and delivery
- Experience in DaVinci Resolve strongly preferred
- Experience in animation strongly preferred
- Strong TikTok presence is a strong plus
- You like to iterate to achieve the best outcomes
- You have experience working with DTC brands
- You love books and reading!
Pay Range: $40 per hour - $80 per hour