Senior Designer/Art Director (Freelance)
Book of the Month is looking for a Senior Designer/Art Director to help us concept, create and produce effective creative deliverables. You will work alongside a talented team of creatives, including our Creative Director, from brief through execution. A successful candidate will have a high impact on executing brand identity and storytelling for a mission driven, rapidly growing subscription eCommerce company.
NOTE: This is a part time, freelance position based in New York City. There is potential to convert to full time in the case that there is demonstrated consistent, exceptional performance over an extended period. Designers are expected to work out of the New York office in a hybrid capacity.
What you’ll do…
- Conceptualize, design and make creative assets to produce excellent and high-performing creative.
- Collaborate with a copywriter, other designers, and a Creative Director to Ideate and brainstorm impactful social, digital, and traditional content that reflects BOTM’s brand aesthetic and goals.
- Produce high quality content that adheres to our brand’s style guidelines and maintains graphic consistency across all channels, such as our mobile app, web, email, organic and paid social media and print.
- Manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, while gathering learnings and insights from previous work to make relevant recommendations moving forward.
What You Should Have…
- 3+ years of experience in design and creative execution at a consumer-facing brand (preferably DTC) or agency
- Strong skill-set in conceptualizing, brainstorming, illustration, design and collaboration to create compelling, brand aligned creative.
- Experience designing for consumer facing brands across a range of platforms.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing guidance in your subject matter expertise and a willingness to incorporate industry best practices.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and relevant creative tools.
- The ability to understand, absorb and execute on direction and creative feedback or criticism.
- An aptitude for time management, organization, collaboration and direct communication.
Hourly Rate: $40 - $125