Videographer & Editor
Book of the Month is looking for a Video Producer to scale our in-house video production team by creating and producing beautiful, high quality video content for our brand. We’re looking for a versatile videographer and editor who understands the objective of video and how to achieve business goals through the use of cuts, edits, pacing and other elements, while producing entertaining and brand-aligned content. This person will report to our Creative Director and work with our internal Creative team, from concept through execution. A successful candidate will have a high impact on executing brand identity and storytelling for a mission driven, rapidly growing subscription eCommerce company.
NOTE: This is a part time, freelance position based in New York City. There is potential to convert to full time in the case that there is demonstrated consistent, exceptional performance over an extended period. Video Producers are expected to work out of the New York office in a hybrid capacity.
What you will do…
- Shoot and edit beautiful, high-quality video in-house utilizing strong technical stills, including shooting in multiple aspect ratios for full-channel distribution.
- Own branded video, social, event, video support and post-production.
- Collaborate with a heavily cross-functional team to execute high-quality and brand aligned video content, including partnering with a copywriter to create storyboards for new ideas.
- Create and manage a repository for existing video files that we can leverage easily and readily as new assignments arise.
What you should have…
- 3+ years of experience in a video production position at a B2C or DTC brand.
- Experience shooting multiple aspect ratios for full-channel distribution.
- Ability to consistently produce videos in line with brand guidelines within time and resource constraints.
- Knowledge of lighting, framing, on-screen animation, and has a perspective on what equipment and software is best to use.
- An understanding of, and strong solutions to, creative feedback and an ability to work collaboratively with business stakeholders.
- An understanding of how to leverage video content to support business objectives.
- Proficiency in After Effects, Premiere Pro and DaVinci.
Hourly Rate: $40 - $125