Early - Mid Career Applicant: Growth, Product, Operations
Book of the Month is hiring for highly driven, analytical, and collaborative professionals to support our dynamic and iterative business. These are generalist roles that will have the opportunity to work in one of our departments, such as Marketing, Operations or Product, depending on business needs. If you have anywhere from 0 to 4 years of work experience, this application may very much be for you!
Success in these positions will be achieved by approaching work in these ways:
- Acting with urgency
- Communicating proactively and anticipating questions
- Creating and maintaining trackers to capture information flows
- Asking questions and seeking guidance for prioritization
- Embracing non-linear thinking and processes
What You’ll Do...
- Plan and execute team-specific processes in a high quality and reliable manner.
- Compile and synthesize data across platforms.
- Use math and data to analyze and report on performance and draw reasonable insights.
- Create presentations and edit spreadsheets in PowerPoint, Google slides, and Google sheets.
- Serve as a project coordinator for various team and cross-functional projects; collaborate with other stakeholders effectively to complete goals.
- Execute investigations and/or research on identified topics; compile and deliver findings in an organized and presentable manner.
- Proactively communicate conflicting priorities between your responsibilities; seek to explicitly gain alignment with manager and other stakeholders.
- Over time, contribute to and optimize various team processes with a focus on efficiency.
- Execute other special projects as instructed.
What You Should Have...
- Strong history of academic and/or extracurricular excellence in an academic, professional or extracurricular setting.
- You enjoy working comfortably with math and spreadsheets.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic; ability to learn quickly, take on new challenges, and apply feedback.
- An interest in eCommerce, Direct to Consumer, or the book business.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Grit and perseverance in the face of challenges, and an appetite for a wide variety of learnings and work experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Fan of new release fiction or a current or former Book of the Month member.