Executive Assistant to President & COO
Book of the Month is hiring for a new and unique flex role where you will split time between (a) providing support to our President & COO as his Executive Assistant and (b) providing support as an individual contributor in other key areas of his organization. Over time, your role will likely evolve based on demonstrated skills, interests, and the needs of the business. Our ideal candidate is someone who has prior EA experience, and is also interested in gaining hands-on experience interacting with customers and learning the operations of a D2C business.
About the role…
Executive Assistant to President & COO:
- Organize and make each week run smoothly through proactive planning, scheduling, calendar management, meeting transitions, and transportation.
- Serve as an interface for scheduling with internal team members, external parties, and vendors. Over time, learn to appropriately prioritize meetings, scope length, vet agendas, and make sure appropriate information is provided ahead of time.
- Proactively communicate conflicting priorities between your various responsibilities and seek to gain alignment with the President & COO before proceeding.
- Create presentations and edit spreadsheets in PowerPoint, Google slides, and Google sheets.
- Collect relevant information and create agendas for important standing meetings led by the President & COO.
- Plan and handle travel logistics quickly yet in a thoughtful way.
- Execute special projects as instructed.
In addition to the Executive Assistant responsibilities described above, you will be tasked with taking on one or more of the following activities depending on your skills and experiences. These activities could take up as much as 50% of your time.
- Assisting finance with the management and execution of accounts payable.
- Managing a process for reviewing, organizing, and executing contracts.
- Acting as the primary point of contact between our 3rd party IT providers and our internal teams.
- Completing special projects to reduce cost or improve functionality of the tools used by our teams.
- 2-5 years experience (including as an EA or other similar positions reporting to a senior executive). Experience as a paralegal or bookkeeper could also be valuable.
- A willingness to work out of the New York office 5 days a week.
- You are an excellent written communicator. Writing is a strength of yours.
- You are a prioritization pro; you are organized and adept at aligning and executing your focuses with the relevant stakeholders.
- You have extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have grit, persevere in the face of challenges, and have an appetite for a wide variety of learnings and work experiences.
- Experience and desire for working in a fast-paced and/or entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly proficient with Powerpoint, Excel, and corresponding Google Suite software.
- You are interested in eCommerce / consumer technology companies.
- You enjoy reading new release fiction and are enthusiastic about BOTM's mission.
Base salary range between: $60,000 - $90,000