Senior Copywriter (Freelance)
Book of the Month is seeking a Freelance Copywriter to support our in-house Creative team to write exceptional copy across digital and traditional platforms. We’re looking for a copywriter with excellent written and verbal communication skills who has a strong portfolio demonstrating funny, engaging, and impactful thinking. A successful candidate will enjoy pitching many ideas, working within quick turnaround times, thinking outside of the box, and have an interest in and understanding of Book of the Month.
NOTE: This is a part time, freelance position based in New York City. There is potential to convert to full time in the case that there is demonstrated consistent, exceptional performance over an extended period. Copywriters are expected to work out of the New York office in a hybrid capacity.
What You’ll Do…
- Conceptualize, write and create original, non-boring copy for digital and social platforms and campaigns.
- Adheres to our brand voice and style guidelines.
- Present copy concepts that are rooted in insightful and strategic thinking.
- Possess and demonstrate a sense of humor in your tone while still maintaining a sense of our brand voice.
- Collaborate with a designer, Creative Director and team of in-house creatives to execute cross-channel brand campaigns
What You Should Have...
- 3+ years as a Copywriting, developing and creating concepts and copy, for a consumer facing, e-commerce, or DTC brand.
- Experience ideating and conceptualizing effective, creative copy that is rooted in business objectives, aligned with a brand.
- Experience writing within a range of POVs and voices.
- Experience working collaboratively, quickly and under pressure, while maintaining a high quality of organized output.
Hourly Rate: $40 - $125