Head of Growth Marketing
Book of the Month is seeking to hire a brand focused DTC Marketing leader who will lead Book of the Months customer acquisition efforts to the next level. In this role, you will integrate the analytical and creative aspects of consumer marketing to create and deploy campaigns and programs that successfully grow BOTM memberships. This is an excellent opportunity for a growth oriented marketer who is looking for an opportunity to lead all aspects of an at-scale DTC service/brand. We are open to hiring at the Director or VP level depending on the scale and experience level of the candidate.
What you will be doing…
- Proactively identifying and executing upon new customer acquisition opportunities in the form of new channels, partnerships, media buys, and other activations with the goal of generating incremental enrolls for BOTM.
- Generating insights about our customer, product, market, and brand and using them to build and deploy compelling campaigns that increase new enrolls.
- Deliver incremental improvements in lower/mid-funnel marketing by:
- Creating a well-organized system/process for tracking learnings.
- Defining and organizing creative testing across our social media video ads and influencer channels.
- Working closely with editorial to acquire and feature books with high conversion.
- Creating and iterating on landing pages and merchandising experiments.
- Work closely with a tightly integrated creative team to develop campaigns that drive growth referenced above.
- Work closely with the product team to optimize landing pages, enrollment funnels, and the other on-site interactions that are part of customer acquisition.
- Build and lead the Marketing team required to execute any of the above opportunities by evaluating current skills, identifying gaps, and conducting a well organized hiring effort to fill new needs.
- Work closely with the President & COO and CEO in an iterative fashion to collaboratively drive the best outcome for the business.
What you should have…
- Deep understanding of the full-stack of customer acquisition opportunities, both functionally (how they work) and economically (what makes it work from a business perspective).
- Experience translating consumer insights into creative concepts – successfully straddling and translating the creative and business worlds.
- Judgment required to understand if a creative concept aligns with an insight and how, and then provide feedback to the creatives to improve the alignment.
- Strong perspective on which tools and technologies to deploy.
- Many detailed examples of being hands-on with creative development.
- Extremely high-standards for your own work product and the work product of others on your team.
- Passionate about reading fiction as a primary source of entertainment and enjoyment.
- 10+ years of experience across some combination of the following:
- Growth/marketing roles at a DTC or tech enable service/app/marketplace company where the primary transaction happens online.
- Brand management and/or strategy or creative experience at an ad agency, established consumer goods company, or entertainment/media company.
- Reads commercial fiction inline with the taste of the BOTM selections on a regular basis.
- Experience managing all aspects of a customer acquisition program with a budget above $15m.
Salary Range: $150,000 - $300,000